The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission says Reuben Abati, former spokesman to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, who is currently in its custody was not arrested and they promised to keep Nigerians Updated on development concerning him.
The anti-graft agency said the brilliant journalist had been cooperating with it.
“Former Special Adviser to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati, on Monday, honoured an invitation by the EFCC at the agency’s headquarters in Abuja,” the commission wrote on F@cebook.
“He is currently presently telling operatives of the commission his role in the alleged mismanagement of the nation’s resources through his office.
“We shall keep you posted.”
Abati is not the only member of Jonathan’s government in custody at the moment.
Bala Mohammed, the immediate past minister of the federal capital territory (FCT); Musiliu Obanikoro, former minister of state for defence; and Femi Fani-Kayode, former spokesman of Jonathan’s campaign have all been detained by the commission.
The EFCC is alleging that they were beneficiaries of money misappropriated by Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser (NSA).